Beware the Dread Pirate Crystal, with the glowin’ demon eyes!
I’m a procrastinator, which for me means that I need a schedule to get things done or more importantly, deadlines. Over the past few years, as I’ve made the mental shift to “photography” rather than “taking pictures,” I have been planning to do a series of Fairy Tale photographs. Besides the occasional purchase of props or costume pieces, that’s as far as it’s gone.
But no more. I have decided that this will be the “Summer of Stories!” [insert fanfare] Too melodramatic? Inaccurate, since this is only April? How about the “Season of Stories!” “Time of the Tales!” …I’ll work on it. Regardless, my goal for the next few months is to be intentional about this and actually take some the shots are kicking around in my head.
That said, I will be kicking this off with some of my final shots from my fairy tale themed portfolio from class, which I know everyone on the internet is longing to see. ;-) The plan is to post each picture individually and at the end I’ll do a recap with all of them together.
So, any requests? Local friends, anyone you wanna be?
In no particular order…
1. Solitaire & My Favorite Deck of Cards – Yes, I have a favorite deck. Black and silver. And I desperately love solitaire.
3. Fairy Tale: Snow White & Rose Red – (Click here to read.) Although that changed a few times. And by few I mean, a lot. I also love Sweetheart Roland, The Pink, Bluebeard and The Four Brothers. East of the Sun and West of the Moon. The Goose Girl. The Six Swans. The Twelve Dancing Princesses. The Blue Light. Rumplestiltskin. Maid Maleen. Oh my goodness, I need to stop. The sad thing is that I can keep going, all of the top of my head.
4. Musical: Wicked – The orchestration alone is worth the ticket. I really think that’s my favorite part. (Please overlook the horrendous editing on this one.)
5. Disney World – I know the pic is from Disneyland, I just didn’t have a Florida pic handy at the moment. I also liked Disneyland (and I definitely loved the lack of humidity!), I just think Disney World is better.
6. Cats – I am hands-down a cat person. I really like dogs, don’t get me wrong. I’d just rather have a cat.
8. So this is a combo; favorite places: The Palace of Fine Arts & Muir Woods – Lovelovelovelovelove. I can’t express how much joy the palace brought me; as soon as I began walking through the woods, the presence of God was so palpable, I was holding back tears and trying very hard not to freak out everyone else on the trail by singing. Well, not singing loudly. Pretty sure I did sing.
The pictures really do no justice to these at all.